AEA > AEA A440
With the release of the A440, AEA has synthesized more than 30 years of experience with high performance microphones. The A440 is the quietest ribbon microphone ever produced. The A440 combines all the warmth and beauty of the classic 44, both sonically and visually, but with a signal so hot you'll have to try it to believe it. Like the rest of AEA's Big Ribbon Mics™, it needs little EQ, takes it nicely when you want it, and is free of resonances in audible range. The A440 is unlike any other product on the market today and no professional studio should be without one.
Like its cousin, the R44CX, The A440 is based on the RCA 44BX, but is phantom powered and uses a Lundahl transformer. It uses the same RCA NOS ribbon element, only 1.8 microns thick, which is from material originally manufactured for RCA. It also features the museum quality shell with a durable bronze investment cast yoke. An umber paint with red medallion transformer case and bright nickel finishes with polished brass accents is standard. The microphone package includes a three meter cloth covered Accusound Silver Triplex cable, a zippered canvas bag, and AEA 44VC case for proper shipping and storage.
- JFET active electronics in the AEA TRP tradition
- Exceptionally low equivalent noise level 6 dB(A)
- Long ribbon sound in the 44 tradition
- Authentic RCA New Old Stock ribbon material
- Investment cast bronze yoke and machined brass parts, no zinc
- Single-diaphragm with well-controlled, native figure-8 polar pattern
- Consistent horizontal polar response, on and off axis
- 90º null-plane helps reject difficult acoustics
- High SPL capability: 132.5 dB with a load of 1 k Ohm
- Hand built to order
- Computer matched to production reference standards
Polja označena z * so obvezna!